The Grant County Schools Career and Technology Center is currently organizing classes for adult learners interested in training which will lead to an industry-recognized certificate in AWS Sense - Level 1 welding.
The course will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis. Participants are asked to register and submit payment by 10/28/2015. (In the event the course does not meet the minimum requirement of 10 participants, payments will be refunded to registrants.)
GMAW Welding (48hrs) - Cost: $325
Gas metal arc welding (GMAW), sometimes referred to by its subtypes metal inert gas (MIG) welding or metal active gas (MAG) welding, is a welding process in which an electric arc forms between a consumable wire electrode and the workpiece metal(s), which heats the workpiece metal(s), causing them to melt, and join.
- The AWS Sense –GMAW Welding Program is a 45-hour training program
- Classes will be held Monday and Wednesday evenings, 5:00 – 8:00 p.m.
- November 2, 2015 – December, 23 2015
- Upon successful completion of the course, students are eligible to take the AWS Sense – Level I written and performance assessment.
- All testing registrations must be completed in person, at the GCS CTC. Exam fee is included in cost of course.
- Examination results will be received by mail within 30 business days.
Registration information and class details are available in the following attachments.
Questions may be addressed to John Sanders, Associate Principal for Career and Technical Education: 824-9739
Registration Deadline: October 28, 2015