The Grant County School District is pleased to again offer GTAW and SMAW Welding classes to our community. Whether you seek welding skills as a hobby or you desire an industry-recognized certification upon completion, these classes are the perfect fit.
The details relevant to the offerings, as well as the registration form, are available in the attached downloads.
GTAW Welding (48hrs) - $325
Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW), also known as tungsten inert gas (TIG) welding, is an arc welding process that uses a non-consumable tungsten electrode to produce the weld.
SMAW Welding (48hrs) - $325
Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW), also known as manual metal arc welding (MMA or MMAW), flux shielded arc welding or informally as stick welding, is a manual arc welding process that uses a consumable electrode covered with a flux to lay the weld.
Class Schedule TBD:
The AWS Sense is a 45-hour training program
- Based on enrollment, classes will be held either on Mon/Wed OR Tues/Thurs evenings, 5:00 – 8:00 p.m.
- Registrants will be contacted via email by October 10th with the final class schedule.
- Classes will be held October 17 – December 14, 2016
- Upon successful completion of the course, students are eligible to take the AWS Sense – Level I written and performance assessment.
- All testing registrations must be completed in person, at the GCS CTC. Exam fee is included in cost of course.
- Examination results will be received by mail within 30 business days.
Classes will be formed on a first come, first served basis, so
please register early and submit payments no
later than 10/07/2016. In the event of a course not meeting the required number
of participants, payments will be refunded in full.
For remaining questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.