Grant County Schools is excited to welcome our newest incoming Kindergarten class!
|Crittenden Mt. Zion Elementary||859-428-2171|
|Dry Ridge Elementary||859-824-4484|
|Mason Corinth Elementary||859-824-9510|
|Sherman Elementary ||859-428-5500|
Information regarding Kindergarten Enrollment:
Students must turn five (5) on or before August 1st for admission to Kindergarten. This means students entering Kindergarten this fall must have been born on or before August 1, 2016, to enroll (KRS 158.030)
Early Entrance: Grant County Schools has established criteria for early entrance to Kindergarten if a child's birthday falls after August 1st. In order to be admitted early, the parent must fill out an early entrance application before June 1st. Other criteria for Early Entrance to GCS Kindergarten include:
- Child must live within the Grant County School District.
- Child must score above the 90th percentile on a developmental screener
-Space must be available at the child's home school.
The Early Entrance Policy and Application Form are available below.
Documentation that ALL incoming Kindergarten students must have before enrollment is complete:
- Proof of Residency - (Document such as utility bill, lease agreement, etc., showing parents name and address) -- or a Temporary Residency Verification form (if other proof of residency is unavailable.)
- Copy of Photo ID of Parent/Guardian
- Copy of Student Social Security Card
- Copy of Any Legal Document (if applicable)
- Copy of Birth Certificate
- Certificate of Immunization Records
- Physical Examination
- Vision Screening
- Dental Screening
If any additional information is desired regarding Kindergarten enrollment, please call any of the schools listed above or the Grant County Board of Education at 859-824-3323.
Attachments Available to Download: