GCS ANNOUNCES KINDERGARTEN AND PRESCHOOL REGISTRATION EVENTS
The Grant County School District is most pleased to welcome next year’s Preschool and Kindergarten students at the upcoming registration events. Parents are asked to make an appointment for their child’s registration as soon as possible.
Children who will have their fifth birthday on or before October, 1, 2016, are eligible to attend Kindergarten.
Kindergarten registration will be conducted at each elementary school during the week of April 11 – 15, 2016. Please call the school your child will attend to set an appointment to enroll for Fall classes.
-Crittenden-Mt. Zion Elementary – 428-2171For information about where your child will attend, please contact the district office at 824-3323.
-Dry Ridge Elementary – 824-4484
-Mason-Corinth Elementary – 824-9510
-Sherman Elementary – 428-5500
Children who will have their fourth birthday on or before August 1, 2016, may qualify for Preschool based upon income or disability. Children who are 3 years old may qualify based upon disability.
Preschool registration will be conducted at the Grant County Board of Education Office during the week of April 18-22, 2016. This registration event will be for the completion of paperwork and the determination of eligibility. Please contact Amanda Smith at the Grant County Board of Education office (824-3323) to set an appointment.
ALL STUDENTS ENROLLING FOR THE FIRST TIME:
Several documents are required to complete school enrollment. Please come to your registration event with as much of the following as possible.
· An original, state certified birth certificate (with seal)
· Social Security card (for child)
· Pertinent guardianship and/or custody papers; and/or Emergency Protective Order (if applicable)
· Proof of residency (document such as utility bill, lease agreement, etc., showing parent’s name and address) – or a Temporary Residency Verification form (if documents mentioned above are not available)
· Proof of income (required for preschool registration only)
· Certificate of immunization
· Physical examination
· Dental evaluation
· Eye examination